Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Hello Beautiful People,

  So a brief introduction to this blog: as of two weeks ago, I left Columbia University because I was not living a happy and fulfilling life there. Also known as EXISTENTIAL CRISES. HA! Up until this moment, I had always thought that a prestigious education and a successful, well-paying job were the most important things in life. Throw in a sexy lover and some friends. Maybe a dog. But the thing is, although I have a passion for learning, traditional academia and a high-pressure environment are no longer stimulating for me. For all of you who are still in the educational system, ivy league or not, I don't judge you! If you are having a good time doing that, GO FOR IT! You are probably a huge baller, and if you are happy, that is all that matters. 

    However, everyone is different and at this point in my life, I am stepping away from the path of a high-achieving student, in the hopes of getting a different perspective on life and the pursuit of happiness. I'm using this blog as a means to record my experiences outside of the society-approved path, in addition to tossing some of my poetry into the mix. Maybe some other random crap...we'll just have to see where the wind blows this thing. 

    So to anyone reading this, thank-you! I know this is super random/self-indulgent and cliche but sometimes cliches are beautiful. I will try to make this entertaining by doing mostly videos because videos are chillll and I would never have the attention span to read a blog, so I can't expect anyone else to.
Much love!
-Hannah

1 comment: